Travelling to a foreign land is an incredibly fulfilling and enlightening experience which everybody should try at least once in their lives. However while travelling it is crucial to ensure your safety as you leave your comfort zone and expand your horizons. Safety is not something which one can overlook or avoid; it is something which you have to be sure about while taking your next stop. Whether you are at bus stop or in a bus, always stay alert to keep yourself and your loved ones safe.
You can stay safe on your next adventure with these essential travel safety tips.
· Try to stay on floors namely four, five or six in the hotel you have booked as they offer the best advantage over emergency situations. They are high enough so intruders cannot easily access your room yet low enough for a quick gateway in the event of a fire, given the impression you are always in your room. Keep your radio or TV turned on with the volume on low at all times along with one light on in the room even when you are not there. It confuses the intruder about your presence and you will not find any surprise after coming back.
· In the crowded areas like bus stops or train stations, try to stay alert all the time. Keep your intuition and senses on alert. This will allow you to avoid any unfortunate circumstance.
· Never flash the cash. Keep your cash separated. Keep some spending money which is easily accessible and the rest hidden. So that you are not showing off a bag wad of cash every time you buy a mango juice or something else.
· Although it is tempting to have your smart phone out constantly to look up directions or take photos. Be mindful of your surroundings, thieves love to grab cell phones from people while they are using them on trains or bus stops and run off at the next stop. Bus Tickets From DC to NYC
· Prepare a go bag. Keep a small bag packed with must have items such as your ID passport and emergency cash so you can make a quick escape in the necessary situations. Scan a copy of your important documents if anything does get stolen. It is always a good idea to have a backup. The easiest way to do this is to scan them and email them to you or keep them on a cloud drive that way they can be accessed anytime and anywhere.
· Grab an extra business card from the front desk of your hotel. The information on a business card will come in handy in case you are lost or need to contact someone when you don’t speak the local language. This will also help as well as ensure the availability of hotel’s address and phone number to show to a taxi driver.
· It’s good to consider the safety record of both the airline as well as the airport, if you are travelling by air. In case of bus check the bus stop and bus service while boarding.