It is not ideal but there are times when you have to travel last minute whether it is of your personal need or business. Booking a flight or a bus from NYC to DC at the last moment also can be very expensive and a task of headache. This becomes annoying and irritating sometimes. So, to avoid the situation here are a few points from packing tips to booking hacks, in order to get to the airport or the bus stand on time. It can help you to when you have to travel at the last minute.
- Don’t panic: Don’t just start crying, shouting or being aggressive, as it does not offer any solution. Take a moment to relax your mind or take a deep breath. Make a list of things which you have to get done. Once the list is prepared, you will feel better. Keep checking the list while making and making arrangements.
- Be flexible with Bookings: Use Sky scanner or any other search engine where you will find a number of flights and buses with their price. Make sure to get a best deal with the lesser price and with more comfort. It makes the booking so much easier with all options and prices right there for you to compare. It will save your money and you don’t have to waste time on checking the flights or things like bus from NYC to DC on other websites.
- Packing: Decide all your outfits for trip according to the events and number of days you have to stay. Pack your cloths according to the weather of the place where you have to travel. If you don’t have time to iron your clothes then don’t, as most of the hotels offer iron or ironing services to their customers. Try to fold the clothes in such a way to prevent creases. Pack your stuff that creases goes in first. Roll a belt and place in shirt collar to keep the space and also keeps the collar to get creased. Put your small items to cover the remaining space. Check the items in the list you have created to make sure you have everything you need.
- Don’t go crazy for shoes: Don’t take lot of pairs of shoes with you. Take sport shoes which will be comfortable during the traveling of whole trip. Just take maximum two pairs of shoes along with sleepers. Take or wear those shoes in which you are comfortable. Don’t bring those shoes which you have never wore before or you can say your new shoes.
- Get to the Boarding point as fast as possible: Book a car and cab in advance. Don’t get stuck waiting for the cab as you may get late. Use an app to see any jams throughout the traffic to reach the bus stop for bus from NYC to DC or to the airport. Make sure to keep some extra time in spare to avoid any missing of bus or flight.
- Use a good Luggage: Choose the good luggage which you can take easily from place to place. Remember this is easier than pull and push luggage.
These are the few points for booking last minute travel.